Sit down for a healthy meal with this avocado soup-and-salad duo. Warm up with a creamy bowl of corn chowder-inspired avocado soup, then top off the light dinner with an avocado, and pomegranate mixed salad with a splash of citrus appeal. It’s tasty, healthy, and easy to make – leaving time to enjoy with friends and family.
Hearty Avocado Corn Soup
Warm, creamy, and packed with flavor, this soup is the perfect way to indulge in comfort food while still keeping it healthy. Grab a spoon and let the deliciousness begin!
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 ½ cups sweet or yellow corn
- 4 cups chicken broth*
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- salt to taste
- Add olive oil, garlic, and onions to a medium-sized pot and saute on medium-low heat until onions are translucent.
- Add the corn kernels, chicken broth, and cumin, and bring to a boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer the broth mixture into a blender.
- Add the avocado and lime juice, and puree on high until the soup is smooth and creamy.
- Gently reheat in the same pot and season to taste.
- Ladle into cups or bowls and garnish as desired.
**While our recipe calls for chicken broth, you can easily swap it out for vegetable broth to make it 100% vegan. Because no matter your dietary choices, we can all enjoy the richness of avocados and the joy of shared meals.
Avocado Harvest Salad
The perfect combination of fall flavors with spinach, avocado, oranges, feta cheese, pistachio nuts, and pomegranate seeds, all tossed in a tangy sesame oil dressing. Whip it up in no time and enjoy a healthy and satisfying meal!
- ⅓ cup sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tsp honey – Optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place oil, vinegar, honey, and salt and pepper into a bowl.
- Whisk together.
- Set aside.
- 8 cups raw baby spinach
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 oranges, sliced (or 2 10.7oz cans Mandarin oranges, drained)
- 2/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled – Optional
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts
- 2/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- Place spinach, orange, avocado, feta cheese (optional), pomegranate seed, and pistachio seeds into a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss lightly.
- Serve immediately.