Uncover a world of culinary inspiration as we showcase traditional avocado recipes that have been passed down through generations. But that’s not all – we’ll also explore innovative twists and fusion dishes that cater to the evolving tastes of the modern Hispanic shopper.
Explore the authentic methods and ingredients that create the perfect guacamole, as it has been prepared in Hispanic households for generations.
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled
- 2 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 large lime, juiced
- ⅛ tsp ground cumin
- salt to taste
- Place the avocado flesh and line juice into a mixing bowl.
- Mash with a fork until you reach the desired consistency.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, peppers, garlic, cilantro, and cumin, and mix well.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips and veggies of choice.
Spicy Pork, Bean & Avocado Tacos
Introduce a twist on classic tacos by showcasing how avocados can be used as a main ingredient or garnish in unique recipes.
- 1 lb ground pork
- ½ cup red or white onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp corn oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 15-oz can pinto beans, drained
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled, sliced and chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce or cabbage
- Corn taco shells
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sautee garlic and onions.
- Add ground pork and mix in spices.
- Cook until browned.
- Add beans, cover, and simmer on low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Add pork and beans mixture to taco shells.
- Add lettuce and avocados, then devour.
Decedent Avocado Cheesecake
Highlight surprising dessert creations, such as avocado ice cream or avocado chocolate cheesecake, that offer a delightful departure from the expected.
- 2 cups pecans
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp salt
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Add pecans to a food processor and pulse until crumbly.
- Add remaining crust ingredients and pulse until just combined.
- Scoop mixture into the springform pan and press crust evenly into the bottom of the pan—place in the freezer.
- 5 avocados, seeded, peeled
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup + 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup agave or honey
- Place all cheesecake ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Scoop out onto the crust and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Dust with cocoa powder.
- Garnish with chocolate shells (can substitute with berries, nuts, or shredded coconut)
Seared Ahi, Spinach & Avocado Soft Tacos
Showcase fusion dishes that blend traditional Hispanic flavors with those from other cultures, proving how avocados can adapt and thrive in diverse culinary landscapes.
- 1 12 oz ahi tuna steak, 1-inch thick
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large avocado, seeded, peeled, sliced
- 4-6 spinach tortillas
- 2 cups spinach, raw or blanched
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Mix the spices in a small bowl.
- Place tuna steak in a dish.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture on both sides of the tuna and press lightly.
- Heat a skillet over high heat.
- Add a thin layer of canola oil.
- Add the tuna and sear for 1.5 minutes on each side
- Remove tuna to a cutting board and cut into one-inch cubes.
- Assemble tacos, adding spinach, ahi, and avocado to tortillas.
- Squeeze a lemon wedge over each taco.
- Serve immediately.