03 Nov The Ultimate Appetizer: Avocado Crab Bruschetta
Tell us a betta appetizer than bruschetta for the holidays! Our bagged brand, Lil’ Cados adds a twist by enhancing the classic recipe with crab and avocados.
Avocado Crab Bruschetta
Serving Size: 4-6 as an appetizer
- 4 long slices of ciabatta or baguette bread
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ripe Lil’ Cados peeled, pitted, and chopped
- ½ Tbsp. lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup lump crab meat
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- ½ cup French frisee lettuce
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1. Brush bread slices with olive oil and toast until lightly golden. Once toasted, rub each slice with crushed garlic.
2. Combine the tomatoes, avocados, crab meat, lemon zest, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and any remaining garlic in a bowl and mix lightly.
3. Season as desired, then spoon the mixture over each slice of bread and top with lettuce.
Arrange on a dish and serve immediately.
Interested in learning more about Lil Cados? Get in touch with an Avo Expert today, by clicking on this link to receive a complimentary Avo Audit of your category to determine the right bag that is just ripe for you!