Servies 10 as an appetizer
Set the foundation for a perfect gathering with this timeless fan favorite.
Ingredients for Guacamole
- 5 ripe jumbo avocados, pitted and halved
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
Instructions for Guacamole
- Scoop the avocado flesh into a mixing bowl and mash with a fork until chunky.
- Mix in the lime juice, cilantro, and salt.
- Set aside.
- 3 cups sour cream
- 1 lb. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 32 oz. jar salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 32 oz. can refried beans
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- corn tortilla chips
Dip Assembly Instructions
- In a clear serving bowl, add a layer of refried beans.
- Spread the refried beans evenly on the bottom of the bowl.
- Layer on the sour cream, salsa or pico de gallo, guacamole, and grated cheese.
- Top with chopped tomatoes and green onions to garnish.
- Cover and chill for up to 24 hours until ready to serve.