25 Aug Avocado Fries
1 large or 2 small avocados, sliced
Ground black pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. paprika
¼ cup flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ cup panko bread crumbs
1 Tbsp. canola oil
Chipotle dipping sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 400˚.
- Mist sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Squeeze lime juice on avocado slices.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Use three separate bowls:
- flour, garlic powder, paprika mixture
- egg, lightly beaten
- panko breadcrumbs
- Roll each avocado slice in flour, dip in egg, and then coat well in panko breadcrumbs.
- Place in a single layer on sheet pan.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Serve with chipotle dipping sauce.
Chipotle Dipping Sauce
1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce canned
¼ cup light or fat-free mayonnaise
⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup chopped cilantro
¼ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. paprika
Kosher salt to taste
In a food processor, place all ingredients and blend until smooth. Season to taste as desired.